In my quest for delicious, dairy free (and now gluten free – ugh) recipes, I keep finding drool-worthy Paleo recipes. I’ve been making my own almond milk, and as a result, I have a bunch of dried almond meal piling up. When I found a recipe for Paleo Almond Honey Granola, I got super excited! It sounded delicious and gave me a reason to use up some almond meal. Naturally though, I couldn’t just leave it how it was. I had to put my own spin on it. So, here’s what I ended up with:
Paleo Granola – Dani’s Way
1 1/2 cups almond meal – dried
1 cup chopped almonds
2 1/2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1 1/2 Tablespoons honey
1 packet Stevia sweetener (I used Truvia)
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup Enjoy Life Semi Sweet Mega Chunks
(I skipped the first two steps in the original recipe because my pulp was already dry.)
1. Preheat oven to 325*.
2. Mix almond meal, chopped almonds, stevia sweetener, salt and cinnamon together.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the melted coconut oil, honey and vanilla together.
4. Mix everything together. Mixture should only be slightly wet.
5. Evenly spread mixture onto a cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 15 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and stir.
8. Place cookie sheet back into the oven and let bake for another 15-20 minutes, or until slightly browned, stirring every 5 minutes or so.
9. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. (It will get crispier as it cools.)
10. Stir in chocolate chunks while granola is still pretty warm.
11. Find something else to do so you don’t drool all over your cooling, delicious smelling granola.